Apply for Hurricane Irma Disaster Relief Funds
The Florida Medical Association Foundation for Healthy Floridians is accepting Disaster Relief grant applications from physicians whose medical practices were severely damaged or disrupted by Hurricane Irma or Hurricane Maria. All applications will be confidential, but please note that incomplete forms will not be considered.
Applicants affected by Hurricane Irma:
Applicants affected by Hurricane Maria:
Apply early, as funds are limited. To learn more about the Foundation for Healthy Floridians and the Medical Disaster Relief Program, click here.
Support the Medical Disaster Fund
As Hurricane Irma devastated parts of Florida, many physician practices suffered damage that forced them to relocate or stop delivering patient care for extended times. The Foundation for Healthy Floridians Medical Disaster Fund, established following Hurricane Katrina, was created to help doctors reopen their doors in the wake of natural disasters.
Click here to support the Medical Disaster Fund so that medical practices affected by Hurricane Irma can recover and continue delivering patient care. The Foundation, the FMA's philanthropic vehicle, is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. All or part of your donation may be tax deductible as a charitable contribution. Click below or mail a check made out to: The Foundation for Healthy Floridians, 1430 Piedmont Dr. E., Tallahassee, FL 32308.
The FMA's Foundation for Healthy Floridians gives special thanks to the following organizations for their generous support of the Medical Disaster Relief Fund.
- The Physicians Foundation — $500,000
- American Medical Association — $150,000
- AMA Foundation — $35,000
- Texas Medical Association — $25,000
- Massachusetts Medical Society — $25,000
- California Medical Association — $10,000
- Washington State Medical Association — $1,000
We also thank our other kind donors — organizations and individuals — for making this initiative possible.
The Foundation for Healthy Floridians
Funded by the generous donations of physicians, corporations and other benefactors, the Foundation for Healthy Floridians is the FMA's philanthropic vehicle for supporting physician leadership training, medical education, public health, and physician health. Our mission includes:
- Providing education and mentorship opportunities for Florida's medical students, residents and young physicians
- Supporting the Karl M. Altenburger, M.D. Physician Leadership Academy, which helps doctors hone the skills they need to become leaders within the medical profession and effect change in healthcare
- Providing support to physicians so they can deliver badly-needed medical services in areas that have been devastated by natural disasters.
The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, and all donations are tax-deductible. Thank you for your contribution.
CH43388 - A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800-435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.