Extended Licensure Deadline
Live Stream March 12, 2021
This CME will help you maintain your Florida license & address key issues that affect FL-licensed physicians.
1:00 - 2:00 pm, Florida Laws, Rules and Ethics for Healthcare Professionals - 1 credit: Required for osteopathic physicians licensed in Florida, is intended to demystify Florida’s physician licensure and regulatory process and to highlight the top regulatory and ethical issues currently affecting Florida-licensed physicians. Allopathic physicians will be awarded general credit and can use it toward their general requirements.
2:15 - 4:15 pm, Prevention of Medical Errors - 2 credits: Mandatory content required by the Florida Boards of Medicine and Osteopathic Medicine for prevention of medical errors, including root cause analysis, error reduction and prevention, patient safety, and the most commonly misdiagnosed conditions identified by the two Boards.
4:30 - 6:30 pm, Controlled Substance Prescribing - 2 credits: CME requirement for Florida-licensed MDs and DOs who are registered with the DEA and authorized to prescribe controlled substances. The course will highlight updated and new prescribing laws and rules; emphasize the current standards for prescribing controlled substances, particularly opiates; review alternatives to opiates, including nonpharmacological options; and address the risks of opioid addiction following all stages of treatment in the management of acute pain.
The Florida Medical Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Florida Medical Association designates this live activity for a maximum of five (5.0) AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
How does the livestream event process work?
- Confirmation email with event links and details from the Florida Medical Association by close of the next business day.
- Event reminder emails one week, one day, and one-hour before the event begins.
- Use the JOIN WEBINAR button in the confirmation and/or reminder emails to access the webinar.
- Slides and/or documents will be in the handouts section of the webinar, if available.
- Follow-up email from the FMA containing a link to the recorded session, sent within 24 hours of the event conclusion.
- Access to the recording will remain open until March 21.
Claiming CME Credit:
- An email from the FMA with instructions on how to claim your CME credit, sent at the conclusion of the event.
- CME credit will be reported to CE Broker after the March 21 deadline.
- Certificates will be mailed by March 26.
For assistance, email email@example.com
FMA members save $350 on registration and get immediate access to our online CME catalog with 60-plus free and discounted courses. Click to join or renew your membership before registering! (Please allow 10 minutes for your membership to be processed prior to registering)