Medical Disaster Relief Fund
Help physicians heal their communities
After Hurricane Michael devastated the Florida Panhandle, many
medical practices remain severely damaged and unable to provide patient
care. Others were closed for extended times or forced to relocate. You
can help hurricane-stricken practices recover and reopen by supporting
the Foundation for Healthy Floridians Medical Disaster Relief Fund.
The Medical Disaster Relief Fund was established in 2005 following Hurricane Katrina to:
- Help physician practices recover after natural disasters
- Support physicians so that they can provide urgently needed medical services in communities wrecked by natural disasters
Your contribution to the Medical Disaster Relief Fund will allow physician practices to rebuild, reopen and heal their communities. Thank you for your generous support.
The Foundation for Healthy Floridians, the FMA's philanthropic
vehicle, is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. All or part of your
donation may be tax deductible as a charitable contribution. Click below
or mail a check made out to: The Foundation for Healthy Floridians,
1430 Piedmont Dr. E., Tallahassee, FL 32308.
The FMA's Foundation for Healthy Floridians gives special thanks to the following organizations for their generous support of the Medical Disaster Relief Fund.
- The Physicians Foundation — $500,000
- American Medical Association — $150,000
- AMA Foundation — $35,000
- Texas Medical Association — $25,000
- Massachusetts Medical Society — $25,000
- California Medical Association — $10,000
- Washington State Medical Association — $1,000
We also thank our other kind donors — organizations and individuals — for making this initiative possible.
CH43388 - A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION
MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING
TOLL-FREE (800-435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY
ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.