Guidelines for Promotional/Marketing Materials in CME
For all promotional materials (brochures, postcards, website announcements, etc.)
- CME may not be announced or referenced prior to official approval by the FMA Education Department. (i.e., you may not say "CME is pending approval" Or "CME has been applied for")
- FMA staff must approve all CME brochures/announcements prior to final production and release.
- No logos, slogans, or other promotional materials of a commercial interest may be included in disclosure announcements, on CME slides, or in CME handouts
- CME Brochures, evaluation forms, and certificates must include the following components:
- Accreditation & AMA Designation Statements exactly as shown below.
- FMA CME Logo (see below)
Accreditation & AMA Designation Statements
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the Florida Medical Association and <name of Joint Providership partner> The Florida Medical Association is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Florida Medical Association designates this live activity for a maximum of <number of CME credits designated> AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Communication of planner/speaker disclosure information (relationships/no relationships) and commercial support must occur in advance of the activity via one of the following:
- Final brochure (preferred for meetings with a small number of credits)
- Final meeting materials – e.g., agenda, handout, final program, etc. (best for larger meetings)
FMA CME Accreditation Logo
If a logo from the host organization is used, the FMA Accreditation logo should be the same size.
- Right click on the logo above and save to your computer.
- Insert a Text Box where you want the FMA logo to appear. A Text Box is easy to move and adjust so the location and size fit your document.
- Insert the logo into the Text Box, the image will fit to the size of the Text Box.
- If you need the logo in a different format, email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feel free to call/email the FMA Education Department with any questions or concerns, 800.762.0233 or email@example.com