Deadline Approaching: January Licensure Renewal
This CME will help you maintain your Florida license & address key issues that affect FL-licensed physicians.
9:30 – 11:30 am, Domestic Violence - 2 credits: Renewal requirement for allopathic and osteopathic physicians in Florida. The content is intended to remind physicians that sometimes the little things they do in everyday practice, like detailed documentation and simple screenings, can make a huge impact in patients’ lives.
11:30 am – 12:30 pm, Human Trafficking - 1 credit: The latest mandatory topic for many healthcare professionals introduced by the Florida Legislature in 2019, this one-time requirement will feature content related to the topic of sex and labor trafficking, including tips for physicians to identify and assess potential victims, as well as provide resources and service referrals.
1:00 – 3:00 pm, Controlled Substance Prescribing - 2 credits: CME requirement for Florida-licensed MDs and DOs who are registered with the DEA and authorized to prescribe controlled substances. The course will highlight updated and new prescribing laws and rules; emphasize the current standards for prescribing controlled substances, particularly opiates; review alternatives to opiates, including nonpharmacological options; and address the risks of opioid addiction following all stages of treatment in the management of acute pain.
3:15 – 5:15 pm, Prevention of Medical Errors - 2 credits: Mandatory content required by the Florida Boards of Medicine and Osteopathic Medicine for prevention of medical errors, including root cause analysis, error reduction and prevention, patient safety, and the most commonly misdiagnosed conditions identified by the two Boards.
5:30 – 6:30 pm, Florida Laws, Rules and Ethics for Healthcare Professionals - 1 credit: Required for osteopathic physicians licensed in Florida, is intended to de-mystify Florida’s physician licensure and regulatory process and to highlight the top regulatory and ethical issues currently affecting Florida-licensed physicians.
How does the livestream event process work?
- Confirmation email with event links and details from the Florida Medical Association by close of the next business day.
- Event reminder emails one week, one day, and one-hour before the event begins.
- Use the JOIN WEBINAR button in the confirmation and/or reminder emails to access the webinar.
- Slides and/or documents will be in the handouts section of the webinar, if available.
- Follow-up email from the FMA containing a link to the recorded session, sent within 24 hours of the event conclusion.
- Access to the recording will remain open until December 13.
Claiming CME Credit:
- An email from the FMA with instructions on how to claim your CME credit, sent at the conclusion of the event.
- CME credit will be reported to CE Broker after the December 13 deadline.
- Certificates will be mailed by December 21.
For assistance, email firstname.lastname@example.org
FMA members save $450 on registration and get immediate access to our online CME catalog with 60-plus free and discounted courses. Click to join or renew your membership before registering! (Please allow 10 minutes for your membership to be processed prior to registering)