December 3, 2021: CME Hot Topics: Human Trafficking and Responsible Prescribing
This livestream includes Healthcare & Human Trafficking and Safe & Effective Prescribing of Controlled Substances CME courses to help you maintain your Florida medical license and address key issues in the Sunshine State.
12:00 - 2:00 pm Healthcare and Human Trafficking - 2 credits: This course will showcase realistic examples of how providers can recognize human trafficking in the healthcare setting, including telemedicine, and make safe referrals to community service providers. Our faculty facilitators will cover topics such as confidentiality, safety, building trust to ensure that the healthcare needs of patients are addressed, mandatory reporting, child welfare organizations, and how community members can support survivors’ physical and mental health needs during the pandemic and beyond.
Note - The FMA is authorized to report this course to CE Broker for MDs, DOs, PAs, APRNs, and RNs. All participants will receive a certificate of completion. Required course for all Nurses; Physicians and Physician Assistants can earn general credit.
2:15 - 5:15 pm Safe and Effective Prescribing of Controlled - 3 credits: This comprehensive course addresses the mandatory content for Physician Assistants and APRNs in Florida registered to prescribe Schedule II, III and/or IV controlled substances as allowed by Florida law. The content of this 3-hour course also encompasses the required course for all DEA-authorized prescribers in Florida, including allopathic physicians, osteopathic physicians, dentists, podiatrists, and optometrists. The course will highlight updated and new prescribing laws and rules; emphasize the current standards for prescribing controlled substances, particularly opiates; review alternatives to opiates, including nonpharmacological options; address the risks of opioid addiction following all stages of treatment in the management of acute pain; and share information and best practices to enable prescribers to utilize E-FORCSE effectively.
Note - The FMA is authorized to report this course to CE Broker for MDs, DOs, PAs, APRNs, dentists, podiatrists, and optometrists. All participants will receive a certificate of completion.
The Florida Medical Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Florida Medical Association designates this live activity for a maximum of five (5.0) AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Participants should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Disclosure: Neither the planners nor the speakers of these sessions disclosed relevant financial relationships with ineligible companies.
How does the livestream event process work?
Access Event Links in your FMA account profile:
- Sign in to your FMA account profile and select the CME Access/Claim Credit tab.
- Event access link will be available the day before the event.
- Claim CME credit will be available the day of the event and until the specified deadline.
- After the event, the event access link will change to the recording within 24 hours and be available until the posted date.
- Confirmation email with event links and details from the Florida Medical Association by close of the next business day.
- Event reminder emails one week, one day, and one hour before the event begins.
- Use the JOIN WEBINAR button in the confirmation and/or reminder emails to access the webinar.
- Slides and/or documents will be in the handouts section of the webinar, if available.
- Follow-up email from the FMA containing a link to the recorded session will be sent within 24 hours of the event conclusion.
- Access to the recording will remain open until December 12.
Claiming CME Credit:
- An email from the FMA directing you to your account profile's CME Access/Claim Credit tab will be sent at the conclusion of the event.
- CME credit will be reported to CE Broker after the December 12 deadline.
- Certificates will be mailed by December 17.
For assistance, email email@example.com
FMA members save $150 on registration and get immediate access to our online CME catalog with 100-plus free and discounted courses. Click to join or renew your membership before registering! (Please allow 10 minutes for your membership to be processed prior to registering)