Tips for Success
Suggested Format for Abstracts: Basic Research
Purpose: Why was this study/research performed?
Methods: How has this problem been studied?
Results: Principal data and statistical analysis?
Discussion: What is the interpretation of the data?
Conclusion: What is the relevance to practice or future research?
References: Provide up to three references if applicable.
Suggested Format for Abstracts: Clinical Case Report
Explain the background of the case, including the disorder, usual presentation and progression, and an explanation of the presentation if it is a new disease.
Includes all relevant details concerning the case.
State clearly what can be concluded from the case report, and give a clear explanation of the importance and relevance of the case.
Tips for Success.
- Your poster should be a "visual overview" of your project or case.
- It should be able to stand alone without any explanation or accompanying presentation.
- Hone the available information, data, and graphics carefully so that everything included supports and contributes to the ability of your poster to convey an easy-to-grasp message.
- Be sure added technology supports a quick visual overview of your project or case.
- Judges want to see that you are able to artfully depict the scientific value of your project or case at a glance, rather than create a technological masterpiece that relies on embedded animations, videos, and pages of information.